In the state of Georgia, cars have to pass State Emission Testing in order for the state to issue each year’s car tag. We are proud at Squeaky’s Car Wash ‘N’ Service Center to have a State Emission Testing Center so our customers can get their official emission testing document while getting the necessary work done on their automobile.
If you are a new Georgia citizen, you may not know what you need to do to prepare for your emissions test. The Georgia Clean Air Force offers the following suggestions:
- Follow your car’s maintenance schedule regularly;
- Change oil regularly;
- After getting gasoline, make sure your gas cap is secure in order to avoid possible “Check Engine” light issues;
- Keep your fuel cap clean;
- Make sure your tires are inflated and your belts and hoses are in working order;
- Get a diagnostic analysis for your transmission; and
- Make sure that you have followed all of your car’s recalls, if any, and get the necessary repairs.
Give yourself plenty of time to get any necessary repairs done before going to get your car tested. If you wait until the last minute, and your car needs repairs, you might have to pay a late fee when applying for your car tag.