Squeaky’s Car Wash ‘N’ Service Center knows tires. We know how to replace tires, balance tires and fix tires. But what if you have a flat on the side of a road where there is no cell service? It could happen, and we like to not only be your place for car repair, but we also like to educate our customers on emergency situations. Let’s take a look at the steps to changing a tire.
- Check and make sure you have a spare tire, a tire iron and a diamond jack. These items are securely held in your car’s trunk;
- Before you begin to jack up your car, loosen the lug nuts by putting your foot on the tire iron and use your weight to loosen the nuts;
- Now begin to jack the car high enough off the ground so the tire is “dangling in the air;”
- Take off the remaining lug nuts and old tire, put on the spare tire, use your hands to screw on the lug nuts, and lower the car to the ground; and
- Finally, tighten the nuts and be on your way to get a new tire.
Be careful on the road and if you find yourself in need of replacement tires or in need of tire repair, Squeaky’s has a full service tire center located in Suwanee Georgia. We can change tires on all years, makes and models. We can also take care of all your other vehicle service needs both mechanical and cosmetic.